One of my favorite events of the year usually happens the first weekend of May. ArtsFest!! I love to walk through all of the artists' booths and admire their work and creativity. I have several ArtsFest purchases in my home and jewelry box. And so does my mom because this is where I usually do my Mother's Day shopping!
While ArtsFest has been rescheduled for September 19th and 20th, the Springfield Regional Arts Council and Downtown Springfield Association have put together a Virtual ArtsFest for you to enjoy right now! Purchase a ticket for $5 and a portion will be donated to an arts relief fund managed by the SRAC. With each ticket purchase you get exclusive access to online musical performances, a list of participating artists and their websites, virtual artist studio tours and demos, art downloads, and activities and coupons to local vendors. Plus you'll be entered into a drawing for a chance to win original artwork from some of the artists and other great prize packages! Click here to purchase your ticket.
With my ticket, I have already:
- Listened to a living room concert from Molly Healey
- Coveted a beautiful piece of stained glass
- Browsed several artists' websites and artwork
- Found 100 things I want to buy
- Watched a cool pottery carving demo
- Taken a virtual art studio tour
- Gotten some great ideas for nature art projects to do with kids this weekend
- Downloaded a coupon for Pineapple Whip
- And bought my mom an ArtsFest tote bag for Mother's Day. Don't tell her!
I'd say that's $5 well spent. This is a great way to show your support for the artists and get a taste of ArtsFest to tide you over until September. Virtual ArtsFest tickets can be purchased now through May 7th.