- The Food Bank’s Weekend Backpack Program provides food insecure children with a bag of child-friendly food items to take home every Friday of the entire school year.
- Each bag contains enough food for six meals.
- This year we saw a reduction in the number of food insecure kids across southwest Missouri from one in four to one in five. We’re happy to report that fewer kids worry where their next meal will come from, but there are still too many kids dealing with the harsh reality of hunger.
- Weekend Backpack Program 2017-18: more than 1,600 backpacks weekly through 59 schools (nearly 58,000 annually)
- Program starts this fall
- Average free and reduced lunch rate among schools served: 71% (serving the schools with the highest needs)
Content Goes Here